Rental Condos and Houses in Woodstock
Jump to: Recent Rental Listings, About Woodstock Rentals, About Woodstock, Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals, When Renting Makes Sense, Moving Assistance, About this list.
CHIMALIS LLC PROPERTIES
All our condos are currently rented or under deposit, but I do maintain a waiting list for my Chimalis LLC properties (shown below) if you wish to contact me.
Rented at least till 6/27/2017
Rented at least till 08/2017
Rented at least till 05/05/2017
Rented at least
OTHER HOUSES AND CONDOS FOR RENT IN WOODSTOCK CT
I can't help you with the other properties listed below - they are not mine!
- Recent Listings for Houses and Condos for rent in Woodstock CT - updated weekly so do check back. Unless otherwise noted, the listings below are NOT my properties - I am not a realtor and can't show you properties I don't own. I don't list apartments.
- Here’s what the local Shopper's Guide (which comes out Tuesday) and Woodstock Villager (comes out Fridays) had for Woodstock rental houses or condos. (I don't display apartments for rent.) See other places where local rentals may be listed. All Woodstock CT phone numbers are (860) area code. I do NOT guarantee the accuracy of any information on this website for properties not owned by Chimalis. Also check Craigslist.
- Beware rental scams on Craiglist from people who list properties they do not own. Red flags: They may only communicate via email, and ask for a deposit check/wire transfer which must be sent long distance or to a foreign country. More info on scams.
The following are NOT Chimalis LLC Properties and I canNOT provide any details about them.
- March 17, 2017: 2 BR Condo for rent in Woodstock CT: Fawn Ridge. Private, quiet 2 BR townhouse with deck, basement for storage and huge backyard, available June 1. New floors, windows, doors, appliances, new washer dryer, it is very nice. You'll appreciate 2 secure off-street parking spaces as you enjoy beautiful pastoral country living for only $1095/mo. 1st, last plus 1 mo. security required on 1 year lease. SEE MORE INFO AND PICTURES. Contact owner Lisa @ 860-377-8747 or email: email@example.com. Lisa is a licensed real estate agent and the owner of this property.
- March 17, 2017: HOUSE FOR SALE: 2BR, 2BA, 1986 sq.feet on lake: If you want to buy instead of rent, check out this waterfront home at 32 Beaver Dam Road, Woodstock Valley, CT offered for $399,900. See photos and more info. 80' of frontage on fully recreational Bunggee Lake. Remodeled in 2008 - nothing for you to do but come home and sit on your wrap around deck and watch and boats and water! Work-in kitchen with garden window to let in all the natural light. The first floor bedroom has a full bath right across and is light and bright. Living room and dining area have gorgeous views of the lake. Fireplace. Large master suite upstairs with a family room or sitting room attached that could easily be finished off to be a third bedroom. Farmer's porch in the front, back deck which faces the water. A covered porch to either side of the deck can be screened in for additional space. Plus a new auto generator that comes on automatically Contact Diane White, Berkshire Hathaway,at 860.733.0543 or Charlotte Cook at 860.931.6006.
- November 30, 2016:
- Woodstock CT, 2BR, 1BA in private country setting with one car garage. Call or text 860.481.3568.
- 479 Route 169 in Woodstock CT, $2200, beautiful antique Victorian home in the heart of Woodstock. Plenty of space in this lovely home, with 3825 SF, 15 rooms, 4-5BR, 2.1 BA. No smokers, 1 month rent and 1 month security. Coldwell Banker, 860.942.9293
- 9 Ellen Lane Woodstock CT $1600, beautiful open floor plan with gleaming hardwood floors in the center of Woodstock. Main floor includes 1BR, full bath, large laundry room, living or dining room with fireplace and open floor plan. One month rent & security deposit required. Please contact Tina Lajoie, Coldwell Banker, 860.450.2620
- November 9, 2016:
- Townhouse in Woodstock CT for rent: near middle school, secluded, 2BR, 1.5BA, kitchen, LR, large deck, 1 car garage. Laundry room, appliances included. Will be nice for someone professional. 1 year lease required, 1 year deposit and first month rent due. Available Dec.1. $1250, no utilities included. 860.315.7289.
- Waterfront Woodstock house for rent: 6 room, 3BR, 2BA home on Hiawatha Heights at Bunggee Lake. Hardware floors, fireplace and deck, overlooking water. $1500/mo, 1 year lease. (listed again Dec. 7 and 14)
- November 2, 2016: Waterfront house for rent: 3BR, 1 large bath, fireplace, stove, frig, washer and dryer connections. No smokers. Oil heat. References and security deposits required. $1400. Call the Beeches Real Estate 860.928.250. (listed again 11/9, 11/16, price changed to $1200)
- September 14, 2016: Woodstock CT Waterfront house for rent: year-round cottage style house in quiet neighborhood in south Woodstock. Great views, boating, kayaking, fishing. One BR with additional small room for day bed or office, living room/kitchen, deck, wraparound sun porch. Approx. 800 sf, double carport. Central AC, stove frig, DW, W/D. Excellent condition. Application, lease, first, security. $1075/mo includes heat and yard care. Available 10/1. For info/appt call 860.974.0090. Leave message if no answer.
- August 24, 2016:
- 3BR house for rent in North Woodstock, CT on Route 169. Call 860.928.5666 for info.
- Woodstock CT home available Oct.1, 3/4 bedroom, 2 full baths, park like setting, hardwood floors, jetted tub, new deck, patio, all appliances, w/d hookups, $1350 per month. Great credit and references required. No pets. No smokers. 860.798.6068 or 860.798.6071. (Listed again Sept.14)
- August 17, 2016:
- For rent Woodstock house on Lake Bunggee, Woodstock CT: 4 rooms, been remodeled, $1200/mo. Call 860.213.2570. (listed again August 24)
- 3BR house for rent in N Woodstock CT 0n route 169, call 860.928.5666 for info.
- Great Woodstock CT location. 2BR, 1.5 BA, townhouse with attached garage, sliders in the living room open to patio and lawn. Completely redone with new paint, carpeting, flooring and appliances. $865/mo plus utilities and security deposit. No dogs. Call owner at 860.334.1889. (listed again August 24)
- August 10, 2016: 3 houses for rent on Trulia - 62 Laurel Drive, $1800/mo; 5 Crooked Trail (seasonal), $2000/mo; 119 Crooked trail, $1500/mo - see http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/06281_zip/SINGLE-FAMILY_HOME_type/
- June 8, 2016: Great Woodstock CT location, 2BR, 1.5 BA, townhouse with attached garage. Sliding glass doors into the living rom open to a patio and lawn. Completely redone wtih new paint, carpeting, flooring and appliances. $895/mo. plus utilities and security deposit. No dogs. Call owner at 860.334.1889. (listed again 06/10)
- May 31, 2016:
- On Zillow: 1200 Route 171, 4BR, 1 BA, $1500/mo.
- On Zillow: 80 Barlow Cemetery Road, Woodstock Valley, 2BR, 2BA, $1750/mo.
- On Zillow: 52 Shore Dr, Woodstock, 3BR, 1.5BA, $1600/mo
- May 11, 2016: Year round cabin on Roseland Lake in Woodstock: June 1 or possibly sooner if needed. The cabin has a beautiful waterfront view, cozy, charming and suitable for single person or couple. $850. 860.810.0763.
- April 13, 2016: For rent in June, 2BR ranch in Woodstock. 1075/mo plus deposit and references. Call 860.428.2257.
- March 23, 2016:
- Woodstock condo, quiet country setting, 3 BR, 1.5 bath townhouse style unit with 1 car garage. Full private basement with w/d included. Fully applianced including DW, stove, fridge and A/C. $1175 plus utilities. Call Stephanie Crossen at 860.871.2987x10 (? Pinecrest condos?)
- Woodstock House for rent: 3BR, 1 full bath, nice country location. Stove, frig, DW included. Hardwoodfloors. Oil heat. References and security deposit required. No smokers. No pets. $1200/mo. Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500.
- March 16, 2016: Woodstock Valley ranch house for rent: 2BR, 1 bath, updated kitchen, stainless appliances. No pets, no smokers. W/D ookup in dry, clean basement. Electric heat and hot water. References requested. $1000/mo plus utilities and one month security deposit. Call 860.428.1507.
- March 9, 2016: Woodstock rental house on Bunggee Lake, 3 BR, beautiful view, like new inside. no smokers or pets. $1500 per month. 508.208.0040/401.741.7691. (listed again March 16)
- March 2, 2016: 7 room house for rent, 3BR, on a quiet country road. 1st floor laundry and hardwood floores. $1200/mo. plus utilities. Available March 1. Pine Knoll Realty, Effie, 860.974.0763.
- February 10: 2016: Woodstock CT house for rent: 3BR, 1 full bath, nice country location. Stove, frig, dishwasher included. Hardwood floors. Oil heat. References and security deposit required. No smokers, no pets. $1200/mo. Call Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500. (Listed again 2/21)
- January 13, 2016: 2BR house for rent in Woodstock CT. Stove, frig, dishwasher, washer/dryer, 1.5 baths, country location. No smokers, no pets. References and security deposits required. $1100/mo. Call The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2600.
- January 6, 2016: Woodstock House for rent. 3BR, newly carpeted and painted. Garage, yard. No pets, no smokers. $1275 + utilities. References. Security deposit. 860.928-2932. (Listed again 1/13)
- See previous listings
About this list
We live in Woodstock, CT and own four rental condos, all of which are currently occupied by wonderful tenants. See Why Rent from Chimalis. Since I keep an eye on rental activity in town anyway, I figured I'd set up this webpage on other houses or condos (not apartments) for rent in town, as a service. (I am not a real estate agent.) If I miss a week or two, it's because I'm out of town on travel. I make no claims/warrantees about these other properties. (Please do not call me about rentals that I do not own as I can't help you - contact the number listed in that ad.) Best of luck to you in your search!
About Woodstock Rentals
There are not very many houses or condos available for rent in Woodstock. (Although 2000 census data said there were 3,044 housing units in town, and 462 were renter-occupied, approximately 95% of people will rent at some point in their lives).
Most advertised houses here run about $1200-1800 per month. I've seen some as low as $700 (usually tiny or in very poor condition) but most start at $1000 and run as high as $2100. Condos may be $850 to $1400. A one year rental agreement is usually required. After that it may be month-to-month. Generally the tenant is responsible for utilities. Very few landlords allow smoking. Typically no pets (especially dogs) are allowed because landlords have had bad experiences. (See some tips for pet owners.) The first and last months' rent, plus a security deposit, are generally required. Credit and references, and criminal records are often checked.
Woodstock is made up of six distinct villages: South Woodstock, Woodstock Hill, North Woodstock, East Woodstock, West Woodstock, and Woodstock Valley. It's rural and beautiful, with a small but diverse population ranging from farmers to PhD's. It's also a big town area-wise, at 62 square miles. The median home price as of 06/07 is $320,000. For more information about quality of life, the educational system, jobs, etc., click here. Also see the Town of Woodstock website.
Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals
Most non-realtors list rentals in the Shopper's Guide/Turnpike Buyer. It comes out locally every Tuesday. Unfortunately the ads are not available online.
You might consider placing an ad that you are looking for a rental, or if you want a place for less than one year.
It's a good idea to start looking as far in advance as possible. Demand seems to be greatest before school starts. If you find something you really like and can afford, I recommend that you don't dilly dally. Our homes often rent to the first person who looks at them.
NEWSPAPERS and ONLINE LISTINGS
Craig's List (you can also post what you are looking for, free
The Worcester Telegram & Gazette
The Norwich Bulletin
The Hartford Courant (usually not good coverage of this area)
The Woodstock Villager (weekly paper) delivered locally, online subscriptions available
Rent to own properties
The Daily Campus (UCONN paper)
Apartment.com (mostly apartments,not much in area)
Rent-o-meter - see what typical rents are in the area of interest (note that this calculator doesn't consider the condition of the property)
REALTORS: Not too many Woodstock realtors handle rentals. You can try:
Diane White, Berkshire Hathaway at 860.377.4016 - a truly excellent realtor if you are looking at renting or buying in this area! Teamed with her daughter Charlotte Cook, 860.931.6006.
Effie Vinal of Pine Knoll Real Estate at 860.928.0456
Beeches Real Estate at 860.928.2500
Diversified Real Estate at 860.774.3661
A&A Management, 860.779.2325
When Renting Makes Sense - More Info
Moving Assistance - Links
Relocationessentials.com - where to move, info on cost of living, tax rates, crime and school quality, home values, predominant age groups, academic backgrounds
Moving411.com - logistics of packing and choosing a mover, list of rights and responsibilities, free quotes, tips, calculator to figure out weight, size moving truck needed, number of boxes needed. etc.
Newsvoyager.com - search websites of local, international and college newspapers.
Outside.in tracks news stories from local media outlets (newspapers, TV stations blogs, message boards) with filtering capabilities.
Rent to Own info and FAQs - also see How to Buy a House Using a Lease Option (WikiHow)