Rental Condos and Houses in Woodstock
Jump to: Recent Rental Listings, About Woodstock Rentals, About Woodstock, Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals, When Renting Makes Sense, Moving Assistance, About this list.
CHIMALIS LLC PROPERTIES
All our condos are currently rented or under deposit, but I do maintain a waiting list for my Chimalis LLC properties (shown below) if you wish to contact me.
Rented at least till 6/27/2017
Rented at least till 08/2017
Rented at least till 05/05/2017
Rented at least
OTHER HOUSES AND CONDOS FOR RENT IN WOODSTOCK CT
I can't help you with the other properties listed below - they are not mine!
- Recent Listings for Houses and Condos for rent in Woodstock CT - updated weekly so do check back. Unless otherwise noted, the listings below are NOT my properties - I am not a realtor and can't show you properties I don't own. I don't list apartments.
- Here’s what the local Shopper's Guide (which comes out Tuesday) and Woodstock Villager (comes out Fridays) had for Woodstock rental houses or condos. (I don't display apartments for rent.) See other places where local rentals may be listed. All Woodstock CT phone numbers are (860) area code. I do NOT guarantee the accuracy of any information on this website for properties not owned by Chimalis. Also check Craigslist.
- Beware rental scams on Craiglist from people who list properties they do not own. Red flags: They may only communicate via email, and ask for a deposit check/wire transfer which must be sent long distance or to a foreign country. More info on scams.
The following are NOT Chimalis LLC Properties and I canNOT provide any details about them.
- August 24, 2016:
- 3BR house for rent in North Woodstock, CT on Route 169. Call 860.928.5666 for info.
- Woodstock CT home available Oct.1, 3/4 bedroom, 2 full baths, park like setting, hardwood floors, jetted tub, new deck, patio, all appliances, w/d hookups, $1350 per month. Great credit and references required. No pets. No smokers. 860.798.6068 or 860.798.6071.
- August 17, 2016:
- For rent Woodstock house on Lake Bunggee, Woodstock CT: 4 rooms, been remodeled, $1200/mo. Call 860.213.2570. (listed again August 24)
- 3BR house for rent in N Woodstock CT 0n route 169, call 860.928.5666 for info.
- Great Woodstock CT location. 2BR, 1.5 BA, townhouse with attached garage, sliders in the living room open to patio and lawn. Completely redone with new paint, carpeting, flooring and appliances. $865/mo plus utilities and security deposit. No dogs. Call owner at 860.334.1889. (listed again August 24)
- August 10, 2016: 3 houses for rent on Trulia - 62 Laurel Drive, $1800/mo; 5 Crooked Trail (seasonal), $2000/mo; 119 Crooked trail, $1500/mo - see http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/06281_zip/SINGLE-FAMILY_HOME_type/
- June 8, 2016: Great Woodstock CT location, 2BR, 1.5 BA, townhouse with attached garage. Sliding glass doors into the living rom open to a patio and lawn. Completely redone wtih new paint, carpeting, flooring and appliances. $895/mo. plus utilities and security deposit. No dogs. Call owner at 860.334.1889. (listed again 06/10)
- May 31, 2016:
- On Zillow: 1200 Route 171, 4BR, 1 BA, $1500/mo.
- On Zillow: 80 Barlow Cemetery Road, Woodstock Valley, 2BR, 2BA, $1750/mo.
- On Zillow: 52 Shore Dr, Woodstock, 3BR, 1.5BA, $1600/mo
- May 11, 2016: Year round cabin on Roseland Lake in Woodstock: June 1 or possibly sooner if needed. The cabin has a beautiful waterfront view, cozy, charming and suitable for single person or couple. $850. 860.810.0763.
- April 13, 2016: For rent in June, 2BR ranch in Woodstock. 1075/mo plus deposit and references. Call 860.428.2257.
- March 23, 2016:
- Woodstock condo, quiet country setting, 3 BR, 1.5 bath townhouse style unit with 1 car garage. Full private basement with w/d included. Fully applianced including DW, stove, fridge and A/C. $1175 plus utilities. Call Stephanie Crossen at 860.871.2987x10 (? Pinecrest condos?)
- Woodstock House for rent: 3BR, 1 full bath, nice country location. Stove, frig, DW included. Hardwoodfloors. Oil heat. References and security deposit required. No smokers. No pets. $1200/mo. Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500.
- March 16, 2016: Woodstock Valley ranch house for rent: 2BR, 1 bath, updated kitchen, stainless appliances. No pets, no smokers. W/D ookup in dry, clean basement. Electric heat and hot water. References requested. $1000/mo plus utilities and one month security deposit. Call 860.428.1507.
- March 9, 2016: Woodstock rental house on Bunggee Lake, 3 BR, beautiful view, like new inside. no smokers or pets. $1500 per month. 508.208.0040/401.741.7691. (listed again March 16)
- March 2, 2016: 7 room house for rent, 3BR, on a quiet country road. 1st floor laundry and hardwood floores. $1200/mo. plus utilities. Available March 1. Pine Knoll Realty, Effie, 860.974.0763.
- February 10: 2016: Woodstock CT house for rent: 3BR, 1 full bath, nice country location. Stove, frig, dishwasher included. Hardwood floors. Oil heat. References and security deposit required. No smokers, no pets. $1200/mo. Call Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500. (Listed again 2/21)
- January 13, 2016: 2BR house for rent in Woodstock CT. Stove, frig, dishwasher, washer/dryer, 1.5 baths, country location. No smokers, no pets. References and security deposits required. $1100/mo. Call The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2600.
- January 6, 2016: Woodstock House for rent. 3BR, newly carpeted and painted. Garage, yard. No pets, no smokers. $1275 + utilities. References. Security deposit. 860.928-2932. (Listed again 1/13)
- December 16:
- Lake side Townhouse in N Woodstock: rental available for professional. Cathedral ceilings, skylights, sunken LR with gas fireplace and designer colors. All modern appliances, jacuzzi, 2 sun decks with sliders, private rec area, beach nearby. Quiet 2BR end unit. $1150/mo plus. No smoking/dogs. 860.465.6905.
- November 25:
- House for Rent: Woodstock 3 BR, 2BA. Eat-in applianced kitchen, large living room with hardwood floors, large level lot, pets ok. 1st, last and security due at signing. 1 year lease required. Available Dec.1 $1500/mo. Call 508.579.0096.
- House for rent: waterfront, 2-3 BR, 2 full baths, fully applianced kitchen. Open living space. All completely redone. Full basement. Oil heat. No smokers. $1500/mo. references, security deposits required. Call The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500. (Listed again 12/9 with rent reduced from 1600 to 1500/mo., 12/16, 12/23)
- November 11:
- Reduced condo rental: Contemporary 2BR middle unit in Woodstock with water views. See photos on Craigslist @1150. Reduced to 1000/mo for quick occupancy. No smoking/utilities/pets/garage. Near Mass border. Background and employment required. 860.465.6905. (Listed again 11/18, 12/9, 12/16, 12/23)
- Quiet comfortable open concept studio/efficiency on lake. Great area to walk, swim, kayak, fish, etc. Appliances, utilities included. Ideal for responsible, non-smoking tenant with good credit and references. No pets. 860.974.2740. (listed again 11/18, 11/25)
- October 14:
- Woodstock House: 2BR, 2BA, waterfront. Waterfront. Open floor plan, stove, frig, dishwasher, microwave. $1600/mo. Security deposits, references. No smokers, no pets. Lease. Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500, Maureen Miners. (listed again 10/28)
- South Woodstock house: 2BA, family room, open kitchen. Appliances and separately laundry room. $1500/mo, plus security deposits, references. Lease, no pets, NO smokers. Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500, Maureen Miners. (listed again 10/28)
- October 7:
- Oak Hill Lane condo in Woodstock CT, lake view, 2BR, 1300 square feet, $1175/mo. See https://newlondon.craigslist.org/apa/5222672224.html on Craiglist.
- Woodstock CT Bungee Lake waterfront, 3BR, 2BA on a less travelled dead end road with beautiful views of the full lake. Hardwood floors on the second floor and laminate floors on the first. Large back deck for relaxing and viewing the lake. Walkout basement for storage. $1500/mo. Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456, Effie. (Note from Chimalis: Appears to be the same property listed below on 9/30, different price) (Listed again 10/28)
- Beautiful Woodstock Rental! 4BR 2BA, 2266 square feet, $2000/mo.This classic circa 1800 antique has been lovingly renovated over the years and blends the charm of years gone by with all the modern conveniences we wish for. The stunning kitchen overlooks the peaceful backyard that features a brick patio, a fire pit and a brook that runs by. Just steps away are the gracious dining room and large living room or relax in the cozy family room. Available for lease. Tenant to pay all utilities. No pets. Contact Brooke Gelhaus, Berkshire Hathaway, 866.292.4517.
- Spectacular 3436 square foot house on 73 Bull Hill Rd, Woodstock, 3BR, 3.5BA, Stunning long views and privacy abound with this fabulous post and beam home. Located on over 27 hilltop acres in Beautiful Woodstock CT. Fireplaces adorn the living room, guest bedroom and kitchen. The second floor great room featuring dramatic post and beam cathedral ceilings and a Palladian window. The living and dining room each face west and provide magnificent sunset views of Woodstock Hill, a church spire and farmland. An enclosed screened porch and an open 40 ft long porch offer more opportunities to enjoy these views. The home offers many high quality features including wood floors, beamed ceilings, cherry and granite kitchen, 3 fireplaces and more. A perfect home for entertaining. Many Architecturally interesting rooms with flexible use. The long private driveway leads to this exceptional country estate. Rental does not include utilities, lawn care or plowing. $3200/mo. Contact Brooke Gelhaus, Berkshire Hathaway, 866.292.4517.
- September 30:
- For rent or sale: on Bunggee Lake. Open concept LR, DR and kitchen. Cathedral ceiling with stone fireplace and first floor BR plus full BA. Two 2nd floor BR with oak floors and full BA plus full walkout basement. Large deck overlooking the entire lake with room for outside dining. Located on a dead end street. Woodstock CT, $379,000 or $1750 mo. rent, references, credit check and security deposit required. Pine Knoll Real Estate 800-371-5374. (Listed again 10/14 at $1500/mo.)
- Woodstock CT house for lease: cozy 3R house on 38 acres, ample yard and garden space, flowering trees and high meadows. Includes all appliances. Pets OK with deposit. $1275/mo. one year lease. Must have good credit and excellent references. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (listed again 10/7)
- September 26:
Lake Bungee waterfront, completely remodeled. 2BR, office, d.r.hookups. New appliances, wood floors, fireplace, walkout basement. Sec & lease. No pets. $1400 plus utilities. 203.369.9755.
- September 16:
Woodstock 3BR, 2 story house + storage shed on 3+ acres on private road. Oil heat and hot water. $1100/mo. You pay utilities. NO PETS/NO SMOKING. Available Oct.15, 2015. Security, references and credit report required. 860.928.5585.
(Listed again 9/23)
- September 9:
- Lake Bunggee waterfront, completely remodeled, 2BR, office, DR hookups. New appliances, wood floors, fireplace, walkout basement. Sec & lease. No pets. $1400 plus utilities. 203.269.9755. (Listed again 9/16)
- Lake Bungee waterfront, Woodstock CT, 3BR, 2 full BA, home on a less travelled dead end road with beautiful views of the full lake. Hardwood floors on second floor, laminate floors on first. Large back deck. Walkout basement for storage. $1750/mo, references, credit check and security deposit required. Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456, Effie. (Listed again 9/16, 9/23)
- 69 Crooked Trail, $1400/mo, 2 BR, 1.5BA, 1500 square feet, 0.4 acres, Ellen Mott, 860.933.3674
- 321 Laurel Hill Drive, Woodstock Valley, $1600/mo, 3 BR, 1 BA, 900 square feet, 1.26 acres, Sara Duga, NE Country Homes, 860.684.4455
- 479 Route 169, Woodstock: $2000/mo, 4BR, 2.5BA, 2.4 acres, built in 1880, Carol Ryniewicz, Coldwell Banker, 860.231.2600
- 12 Lake View Drive, $1680/mo, 4BR, 1.5A, 1456 sq feet, 0.3 acres, Keith Curran, 860.838.1865
- August 26: Woodstock waterfront house for rent: year round cottage style house in quiet neighborhood in South Woodstock. Great views, boating, kayaking, fishing. 1BR with additional small room for daybed or office, LR, kitchen, deck, wrap around sunporch Approximately 800 square feet. Double carport, central AC, appliances. Great condition. Application, lease, first, security, $1075/mo includes heat and yard care. For info/appt, call 860.974.0090, leave message if no answer.
- August 22:
- Spectacular 3436 square foot house on 73 Bull Hill Rd, Woodstock, 3BR, 3.5BA, Contact Berkshire Hathaway, 866.292.4517.
- House on 20 Crooked Trail, Woodstock Valley, 4BR, 2 BA, 1632 square feet, $1600/mo. Contact Berkshire Hathaway, 866.292.4517.
- August 1-August 21: no new listings
- July 28: $1250/mo, 2BR, 1.5 BA, 960 Sq. feet. Ranch house in Witches Woods Lake community. Open floor plan with bamboo floors. Everything on one level including laundry, and features a mudroom, a sun room, and a deck all with views of the lake. Beautiful yard with perennials. Credit check, security deposit and a year lease is required. No pets, no smoking, no exceptions. Enjoy boating, swimming, kayaking, and fishing. $1250/mo. Monique Maldonado, REMAX, 860.774.7600.
- July 21: South Woodstock CT duplex: renovated and sunny 2 BR, centrally located with beautiful backyard. Half of single-story duplex, 1200 sq. ft, 1000 includes heat, hot water, garage, parking for 1 car. New stove, fridge, DW, washer dryer in unit. Sorry no pets or smoking. Excellent credit required. See www.odsphinx.com/southwoodstock for pics and more info. 860.974.2160.
- July 1: Woodstock CT house for rent: contemporary 2 level 3 BR house on private road with access to lake. $1300/mo. You pay utilities. 1 year lease. Security, references and proof of employment. No smoking, no pets. Available August 1. Call 860.928.5585.
- June 24:
- South Woodstock House for rent: Beautiful 9 room, 4 BR, 2 BA antique cape. New insulation. Offering two fireplaces, wide board floors and period decor. Tranquil views of grazing cattle and open fields. Two car garage under. $1200/month plus security, utilities, application and credit check. Call Lorna Jean at Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.753.0915.
- June 19: Great Woodstock CT location rental. 2BR, 1BA for rent. Tenant pays utilities. Pets are negotiable. 1 year lease required. Rental and or commercial rental. $1400/mo. Call Pat at First Choice Realty, 860-377-1967.
- May 14-June 18: No new listings.
- May 13:
- Woodstock Rental House - $1500/mo. Wonderful land with trails to walk. Great view with 12x24 wrap around deck off the back. 4 BR. Newly remodeled kitchen with breakfast bar and pantry. Gas stove in kitchen. Walkout basement to backyard with garden for summer and fall vegetables. Call Joan Rivers Bardwell at Remax, 203.314.4810.
- Woodstock Condo - Pinecrest? Lovely country setting, 2BR, 1.5BA, townhouse style unit, full basement, 1 car garage, fully applianced including AC, W/D, DW. $1020, 860.871.2987 x 10, Crossen Builders.(Listed again 05/27, 06/03, 06/10, 6/16, 6/24, 7/1)
- April 21-April 30: No new listings.
- April 15: A slice of heaven in Woodstock. 5 BR, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, in ground pool, 48 acres, beautiful yard, lots of privacy. $1500/mo. 12 month lease, security/oil deposit and credit check required. Available July 1. Call Bob 860.377.1426.
- April 14-March 25: No new listings.
- March 18: Woodstock 3 BR, one bath ranch with breezeway and attached 2 car garage. Located on cul-de-sac, close to Woodstock Academy. $1300/mo. Call 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., for terms 860.928.6397. (listed again Mar.25)
- March 17-February 18: No new listings.
- February 11, 2015: 5 room, 2 ample BR, 2 full bath condo at Woodstock Meadows. One floor living, LR/DR combo, fully applianced kitchen, laundry with W/D. No basement. one car detached garage. $1000/mo plus utilities. Realtor owned. Pet considered. Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456. (listed again 02/18)
- January 21, 2015:
- South Woodstock CT house for rent: 5 room, 2 BR house in a quiet neighborhood. Tastefully updated kitchen including stove, frig, dishwasher and microwave. Hardwood floors, newly painted and includes enclosed sunroof overlooking Roseland Lake. 1/2 tank of oil also included. Small dog or cat considered. $975/mo plus utilities. Security Deposit, application, references and credit check required. Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456. (listed again 1/28)
- 4 room, 2 BR, 2BA condo with one car garage at Woodstock Meadows. Fully applianced including stove, DW, disposal, frig, washer and dryer. New flooring and paint plus fireplace in living room. Master BR has master BA. Realtor owned. $1100/mo plus utilities. Security Deposit, application, references and credit check required. Pine Knoll Real Estate, 860.928.0456. (listed again 1/28)
- December 31, 2014: No new listings
- October 22:
- Woodstock CT Cottage for rent: lovely 2BR in-law cottage for rent on park-like grounds. Appliances included. $975/mo plus utilities, first, last and security. References, credit check and 1 year lease required. No pets or smoking - firm. An ideal setting for elder looking to downsize. Call 860.428.4041. (Listed again 11/12, 12/31)
- East Woodstock Condo for rent: 2 BR, 2BA, updated kitchen, new appliances, finished basement, storage room, fireplace and one car garage. No smoking. First, last and security deposit required. One year lease. $1075/mo. 860.912.8356. (Listed again 10/29)
- October 15:
- House for rent in Woodstock Valley: 3 BR, 1.5 BA, very good condition. Refrigerator, range, dishwasher and microwave. Washer dryer hookup. New paint and flooring. Nice back yard. No dogs. Security deposit and references required. $1200/mo. Available Nov.1. 860.933.7997. (Relisted 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12)
- Condo for rent, East Woodstock CT: 2 BR, 2BA, updated kitchen, new appliances, finished basement, storage room, fireplace and one car garage. No smoking. First, last and security deposit required. One year lease. $1075/mo. 860.912.8356.
- October 8: East Woodstock CT condo for rent, 2 BR, 2 BA, updated kitchen, new appliances, finished basement, storage room, fireplace and one car garage. No smoking. First, last and security deposit required, one year lease. $1075/mo. 860.912.8356.
- October 1: South Woodstock house for rent: 3BR, 2 full baths, family room, oil heat. $1300/mo plus utilities. Lease, security deposit and references are required. No smokers. The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500
- See previous listings
About this list
We live in Woodstock, CT and own four rental condos, all of which are currently occupied by wonderful tenants. See Why Rent from Chimalis. Since I keep an eye on rental activity in town anyway, I figured I'd set up this webpage on other houses or condos (not apartments) for rent in town, as a service. (I am not a real estate agent.) If I miss a week or two, it's because I'm out of town on travel. I make no claims/warrantees about these other properties. (Please do not call me about rentals that I do not own as I can't help you - contact the number listed in that ad.) Best of luck to you in your search!
About Woodstock Rentals
There are not very many houses or condos available for rent in Woodstock. (Although 2000 census data said there were 3,044 housing units in town, and 462 were renter-occupied, approximately 95% of people will rent at some point in their lives).
Most advertised houses here run about $1200-1800 per month. I've seen some as low as $700 (usually tiny or in very poor condition) but most start at $1000 and run as high as $2100. Condos may be $850 to $1400. A one year rental agreement is usually required. After that it may be month-to-month. Generally the tenant is responsible for utilities. Very few landlords allow smoking. Typically no pets (especially dogs) are allowed because landlords have had bad experiences. (See some tips for pet owners.) The first and last months' rent, plus a security deposit, are generally required. Credit and references, and criminal records are often checked.
Woodstock is made up of six distinct villages: South Woodstock, Woodstock Hill, North Woodstock, East Woodstock, West Woodstock, and Woodstock Valley. It's rural and beautiful, with a small but diverse population ranging from farmers to PhD's. It's also a big town area-wise, at 62 square miles. The median home price as of 06/07 is $320,000. For more information about quality of life, the educational system, jobs, etc., click here. Also see the Town of Woodstock website.
Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals
Most non-realtors list rentals in the Shopper's Guide/Turnpike Buyer. It comes out locally every Tuesday. Unfortunately the ads are not available online.
You might consider placing an ad that you are looking for a rental, or if you want a place for less than one year.
It's a good idea to start looking as far in advance as possible. Demand seems to be greatest before school starts. If you find something you really like and can afford, I recommend that you don't dilly dally. Our homes often rent to the first person who looks at them.
NEWSPAPERS and ONLINE LISTINGS
Craig's List (you can also post what you are looking for, free
The Worcester Telegram & Gazette
The Norwich Bulletin
The Hartford Courant (usually not good coverage of this area)
The Woodstock Villager (weekly paper) delivered locally, online subscriptions available
Rent to own properties
The Daily Campus (UCONN paper)
Apartment.com (mostly apartments,not much in area)
Rent-o-meter - see what typical rents are in the area of interest (note that this calculator doesn't consider the condition of the property)
REALTORS: Not too many Woodstock realtors handle rentals. You can try:
Diane White, Berkshire Hathaway at 860.377.4016 - a truly excellent realtor if you are looking at renting or buying in this area! Teamed with her daughter Charlotte Cook, 860.931.6006.
Effie Vinal of Pine Knoll Real Estate at 860.928.0456
Beeches Real Estate at 860.928.2500
Diversified Real Estate at 860.774.3661
A&A Management, 860.779.2325
When Renting Makes Sense - More Info
Moving Assistance - Links
Relocationessentials.com - where to move, info on cost of living, tax rates, crime and school quality, home values, predominant age groups, academic backgrounds
Moving411.com - logistics of packing and choosing a mover, list of rights and responsibilities, free quotes, tips, calculator to figure out weight, size moving truck needed, number of boxes needed. etc.
Newsvoyager.com - search websites of local, international and college newspapers.
Outside.in tracks news stories from local media outlets (newspapers, TV stations blogs, message boards) with filtering capabilities.
Rent to Own info and FAQs - also see How to Buy a House Using a Lease Option (WikiHow)